Proctolux is a range of single use, fully disposable and self-illuminating Proctoscopes for use in diagnosis and treatment of the anal cavity and rectum.
Proctolux is supplied in two sizes:
- 19 mm (mainly used for examination purposes).
- 25 mm (mainly used for treatments such as haemorrhoid ligation or injection).
The Proctolux has a revolutionary designed and patented “Clear View System” which protects the light guide to give a clear and unobstructed view of the examination area. Uniquely, G+N’s range of proctoscopes deliver light directly to the point of interest, maximising effectiveness and convenience for medical practitioners.
Features and Benefits:
- Total clinical freedom – patients can be examined at any suitable location
- Self contained – no cable, wires, or mains power required
- Maximum light intensity for at least 30 minutes, with illumination continuing for much longer
- Pre-attached light source for easy of use
- Light directed to the end of the device where it is most effective
- Reliably robust and ergonomic
- Saves time – no servicing or repair of equipment
- Reduces costs – no cleaning of cables or accessories
- Simple disposal – straight into clinical waste bin
- Single use – risk of cross contamination is eliminated
- Environment – batteries contain no Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, or Lithium